Enjoy the little things!
The most beautiful things in life are so close and simple, and those life’s simple pleasures are very often overlooked.
Someone told me to always live for the little things in life. Enjoy the little things more. Therefore a selection of the little things I enjoy. What about these?
- Being in a great mood for no particular reason.
- An outdoor walk or a couple of hours at the beach at the end of the day where you’ll see colors in the sky that don’t usually belong.
- A cup of green tea and reading a good book.
- Doing Pilates, taking pictures or doing whatever you love.
- The excitement when you hear the beginning of your favorite song.
- The way the ends of your hair feel after a haircut.
- Inspiring quotes.
- Tears from laughing so hard.
- Blowing bubbles or playground swings. :-)
- Making Summer or holiday plans.
- Deep conversations with your best friend.
- Getting in a freshly-washed bed.
- Looking through old photographs.
Or what about these happy moments?
- Memories that can make you laugh years later.
- Hearing someone talk about what they’re passionate about.
- The feeling of sand between your toes.
- The first day of Summer.
- The sounds of birds chirping in the morning.
- Colors of Autumn.
- Eating with chop sticks.
- Finding the person you’re looking for in a crowd.
- When little kids reach to hold your hand.
- Getting the perfect parking spot.
- The smell of fresh-baked bread.
- Being surrounded by people you love.
So, let’s live for the little things because they will make you realize that this is what life is all about! Small gestures and simple pleasures in life creates the biggest smiles and make us happy.
Wishing you all a very Happy 2014!