30 things I wish I knew about life earlier :-)
We are learning from the life lessons that have come our way. We always look back and say how ignorant we were. Imagine how much wiser we will be five years from today. :-) I would like to share with you 30 insights I wish I knew about life earlier. ;-)
- Cherish the little things.
- No one is perfect. Stop being so hard on yourself.
- Stand firm in your beliefs!
- It’s okay to laugh at yourself. Embrace the imperfections.
- Don’t let your happiness depend on another person.
- You are the rule, not the exception. Life will be so much easier if you accept this now.
- Givers have to set limits because takers rarely do.
- Make mistakes. If you learn from them, they won’t be in vain.
- Sometimes it’s better to ask for forgiveness than for permission. Just do it!
- The world is full of cynics – don’t become one.
- Apologize when you’re wrong. Just suck up your pride and do it!
- It’s okay to ask for help.
- Trust your instincts.
- Laugh until you cry. Cry until you laugh.
- Reminding yourself sometimes “This too shall pass”. Storms don’t last forever. :-)
- Life can be hard. Accept this and move on.
- You will fall, both literally and figuratively. Get back up.
- Stop caring so much about what everyone else thinks.
- Classes can be retaken. Life cannot.
- Forgive. Life is too short to be angry.
- People will hurt you. Don’t stoop to their level.
- Sometimes the only person that you can rely on is yourself.
- Keeping things simple is always the way.
- Push yourself. You are stronger than you think!
- Love <3 with everything you have.
- Confidence is everything. Love yourself.
- Be honest with yourself. Be honest with others.
- Don’t take yourself too seriously.
- Your success will not be handed to you. Work for it!
- Life is uncertain. Tomorrow is not guaranteed; don’t take it for granted.
Thanks for your reminders. Now we know these, we can get on with more fully living our lives. I hope so anyway, although even hearing these I realize that the things I believe and act on are from my own lessons.
These 30 can be strengthened by simply loving ourselves, accepting ourselves, and staying open to wonder.
Thank you for your comment! And also for your beautiful words how we can strengthen the 30 things! Absolutely true. I didn’t think about and really love the ‘staying open to wonder’ ;-)
Oh, number 5 on your list resonates with me. Thanks for sharing these, and the pictures as well :)
Thank you Camilla for passing by and leaving a comment. Love it! ;-)
Love it! Thanks!
Thank you Ute! A wonderful evening & Happy Blogging :-)
Cherish the little things – I only realized this when I went through a recent difficulty. Now I thank God every morning that I’m still alive. I never appreciated it before
Thanks for passing by and your comment. What an incredible hard way for you to learn that it’s important to cherish the little things. Anyway … I wish you a very happy weekend.